Friday, November 13, 2009

Remembering names

I know that social ability is very crucial here and I am trying to develop is little by little. Recently I found that there are some name issues hard to deal with.

Of course you need to remember one's name before any social ability to be repeated. For me it is always the case: "Hey my name is xxx." "Nice to meet you!" This is usually the starting point and I usually do not get the name at the first place unless it is very common one (especially in US there are so many weird name including mine everywhere...). Rarely I asked again and try to write down and memorize but usually I just let it go and when the next time we met, it is a little bit embarrassing. I am pretty sure that the other guy feels the same because my name is definitely more difficult. This is the first and big obstacle to me then.

Anyway, trying to figure out a way to remember more names... Maybe just need to pay more attention when a name is presented...

No comments: